Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Problem with EnableCrossPageSelection
posted

Hi,

I'm using infragistics version 10.3.
I have a problem with the EnableCrossPageSelection property of webDataGrid.
This is my webdatagrid:

<

ig:WebDataGrid ID="WebDataGrid1" runat="server" Width="100%"    EnableDataViewState="True" AutoGenerateColumns="false" AjaxIndicator-BlockArea="Control" AjaxIndicator-Enabled="True" AjaxIndicator-BlockCssClass="WebDataGridAjaxIndicatorBlock" EnableAjax="false">

<Columns>
<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="ID" Key="ID"></ig:BoundDataField>
</Columns

>

<Behaviors>

<ig:Selection Enabled="true" CellClickAction="row" RowSelectType="Multiple" EnableCrossPageSelection="true"></ig:Selection

>

<ig:Filtering Alignment="Top" Visibility="Visible" Enabled="true" AnimationEnabled="false"

/>

<ig:Paging PageSize="100" PagerAppearance="Bottom" Enabled="true" QuickPages="1" PagerMode="NumericFirstLast" />

</Behaviors

>

</ig:WebDataGrid>

This is the issue:

If paging is enabled, When I select rows from the first page and the second page, the result of WebDataGrid1.Behaviours.Selection.SelectedRows.Count is correct. It gives me the number of total records that I selected. But If I access one especific record from SelectedRows it always gives me Nothing. Example:

First Page - 1 line selected
Second Page - 2 lines selected

After PostBack it gives me:
    WebDataGrid1.Behaviours.Selection.SelectedRows.Count = 3
    WebDataGrid1.Behaviours.Selection.SelectedRows(0) = Nothing
    WebDataGrid1.Behaviours.Selection.SelectedRows(1) = Nothing
    WebDataGrid1.Behaviours.Selection.SelectedRows(2) = Nothing

What can I do to solve this?

Thanks

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hi soniaalves,

When the row is not in the current data, we return null because we cannot find it.  You can still access the row id pair of that selected row using GetIDPair(int index).  You could use the data key in that to do some operation.

regards,
    David Young 

Children
No Data