Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Couldn't bind the child band dynamically
posted

Hi,

I have to bind the Hierarchial Grid with the dataset. For each row in Parent grid, a blank child band should be binded with "add New Row" option.

Users should be able to add new row to the child band and Parent grid dynamically.

I referred the sample "ManualLoadOnDemandVB.zip" and binded my Parent Grid at each postback, other wise i am getting "No child grid script descriptors are available". This binds the child band records twice. i.e if a child band has 1 record in its datasource, 2 bands are created with same info.

Could anyone provide me a sample for the above situation...?

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi, tct_rani_1106.

It has been some time since your post but in case that you still need assistance I will be happy to help.

In order to be able to add new rows in the grid, you have to enable the “Core Editing” and “Row Adding” behaviors and set their “EnableInheritance” property to true.

As for the activating manual load-on-demand and binding to DataSet, please check the attached sample project. I have used the Northwind sample database.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me.

WHDGSample.zip
Children
No Data