Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
dropdownprovider editor control onitemsrequested sever event error
posted

in my webdatagrid i have dropdownprovider editor control on which i have onitemsrequested server event..whenever this server event calls it increases the grid count..

how to handle this error..plz help its urgent

Parents
    posted

Hi Reshma,

The ItemsRequested event of WebDropDown is based on private ajax postback architecture provided by Infragistics.Web.UI. Those postbacks have limited usage and can be used only when control is configured within aspx. Those events may fail for dynamically created control or when private postback conflicts with other asynchronous features of application like UpdatePanel containers.

Private async postbacks triggered by editor providers may fail because of problems to find owner of postback on server and failure to process response on client. In general application should be very careful with usage of features related to async functionality exposed by editor providers (ItemsRequested, LoadOnDemand, etc.). If they fail for a specific scenario, then that can be limitation of their usage.

I tested a sample with a simple WebDataGrid where all features (editor providers, column settings, etc.) were implemented within aspx. Only ItemsRequested handler of WebDropDown editor-provider with enabled server filtering was in aspx.cs. It seemed to work without exceptions. I am not sure what means "it increases the grid count".

Reply Children
No Data