Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebHierarchicalDataSource Multiple Child views
posted

I am having trouble with the WHDS and the UltraWebGrid control.  When I setup the WHDS, it has a top level (Person) with two different children (addresses and related people), the related people have a child (their addresses).....it looks a bit like this:

SQLDataSource1_DefaultView (people)

SQLDataSource2_DefaultView (addresses)

SQLDataSource3_DefaultView (related people)

SQLDataSource4_DefaultView (related people addresses)

My problem is when I show the grid, the People show fine, when i expand the people I get just one table view showing rows for both sets of data at the second level, the addresses and related people with only one header, the addresses header, so i dont see any related people, just blank rows in the grid for them....what i was expecting was two different tables/grids  of data with their own headers.....similar to how the WHDS view looks.........is this possible?????

posted

Hello,

I was able to reproduce the problem. For the time being UltraWebGrid does not support multiple child bands. We will do our best to provide support for that in future versions of UltraWebGrid. This functionality (several child bands on the same level) is currently implemented to support our treeview and menu components.

Best Regards,
    Ivan Baev
    The Infragistics  ASP.NET Team