I am using WebDataTree control and adding nodes to the tree instead of Xml DataBind. Also implemented Load on Demand concept using
the below logic.
this.TreeControl.NodeBound += new DataTreeNodeEventHandler(TreeControl_NodeBound);
this.TreeControl.NodePopulate += new DataTreeNodeEventHandler(TreeControl_NodePopulate);
Data loads fine for first time and when I try to expand nodes, it showing "Server does not respond" on hosting machine. If I refresh the page, expanding nodes are just working fine.
In debug mode, it showing "async failed"
<ig:WebDataTree ID="TreeControl" runat="server" Visible="true" Height="100%" ForeColor="Black" EnableConnectorLines="true" EnableAjaxViewState="true">
If I understand you correctly you have some type of data source and you are adding nodes to the WebDataTree by yourself. Additionally you need to implement load on demand for the child nodes. If this is what you need please follow the next link to a WebDataTree samples where we show how you can “Manual Load On Demand” nodes to WebDataTree.
Please let me know if this solves your issue, or if you need any further assistance on this matter.
public override void ProcessRequest(System.Web.HttpContext )
//Check for authentication
5. First level nodes are loaded and when expanding a child node on a tree, base.ProcessRequest(context); runs, it throwing the error (Async request failed).
6. This error not occured with UltraWebTree. See the below for design source.
<ig:WebDataTree ID="TreeControl" runat="server" InitialExpandDepth="0" EnableExpandOnClick="true"
SelectionType="Single" Visible="true" Height="100%"
ForeColor="Black" EnableConnectorLines="true" OnNodePopulate="TreeControl_NodePopulate"
<AutoPostBackFlags SelectionChanged="Async" />
Thank you for your feedback.
Please find bellow answers to your questions:
As I wrote above attached is a small sample where I tried to reproduce this issue with no success. Please run my sample at your side, and let me know if you are able to reproduce the issue. If my sample does not correctly represents what you are trying to achieve in your code, please fill free to modify it, and send it back to me. Or you can send me a sample of your own reproducing this issue. Note that if we are not able to reproduce this at our side there is not much we can do about it.
Looking forward to your reply and reproducing sample.
Thanks for your reply ! The sample that you are sent just working fine.
The permission wrapper was in the parent page and child page(user control) derived that parent page. Now the permission handled in user control itself and its working fine.