Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Not able to sort the Hyperlink column in Infragistics:ultrawebgrid
posted

Hi Team,

I am using Infragistics:ultrawebgrid in my project but i am facing an issue for sorting the hyperlink column. i have used below server side method for sorting  -

private void GD1_SortColumn(object sender, Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.SortColumnEventArgs e)
{

if (e.ColumnNo != -1)
{
switch(GD1.Columns[e.ColumnNo].Key)
{

case "Name":
{
if(GridPager.Visible==false)
e.Cancel=true;

if (hidenFld1.Value=="true" || hidenFld1.Value==null || hidenFld1.Value==string.Empty)
{
//hidenFld1.Value="false";
}
else
{
//__submitHandler();
hidenFld1.Value="";
}
if(GD1.Columns.FromKey("Name").SortIndicator == Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.SortIndicator.Ascending)
{
__sortColumn = "Name";
__sortDesc = "ASC";
}
else
{
__sortColumn = "Name";
__sortDesc = "DESC";
}

break;
}

default:
e.Cancel = true;
break;
}
}

//__pageNo = GridPager.CurrentPageIndex;
//__bindGridData();

if(GridPager.Visible==true)
__searchbyData(); -  This method is basically passing the parameter in SP and binding in the grid. I have checked the SP and it's working as expected(sorting is working fine while binding the grid) but the problem comes when we create the hyperlink column in GD1_InitializeRow server side method.

}

GD1_InitializeRow server side method -

private void GD1_InitializeRow(object sender, Infragistics.WebUI.UltraWebGrid.RowEventArgs e)
{
if (!(e.Row.Cells.FromKey("AgentName").Value.Equals(" ")))
{

e.Row.Cells.FromKey("Name").Text = "<A Href=\"javascript:AgentDetails('" + e.Row.Cells.FromKey("Id") + "','" + AcctID + "')\" class='GridAnchor'> " + e.Row.Cells.FromKey("AgentName").Text + "</a>";

}

}

As you see the above code. we are passing the two parameters one is id and another is account id. when it calls GD1_InitializeRow server side method then the control automatically sorts with agent id instead of Name. so the problem comes with  GD1_InitializeRow server side method.

Please suggest.