Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
DropDownProvider in WebDataGrid
posted

Hi everyone,

I have problem with dropdown in WebDataGrid, here is the thing, I have set an SqlDataSource to WebDataGrid, the data source has 3 columns as following:

id_no , fname , clocation in a table named e_locations

everything is working fine and the data is shown when I run the project, but I want to use dropdown in the columns (clocation), the drop down should view data from another table has all locations named "locations" and the column name is "location", so here is what I have done, I create a new SqlDataSource for the table locations, I added a DropDownProvider and set the DataSource ID to SqlDataSource of the locations, and then I went to Edit Behaviors>Cell Editing > Column Settings, I have added an item, and columnKey was set to "clocation", and set the EditorID to my provider! now when I run the project nothing is shown, nothing at all, but when I remove the provider it works fine!! any help please?

by the way, I am getting this warning when I add the provider!

Warning Validation (ASP.Net): Element 'EditorControl' is missing required attribute 'runat'.