Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
AppointmentFormatString
posted

I need to customize the information displayed on the calendar controls (WebDayView, etc.).  Specifically I'd like to append custom text to the subject.  The custom text changes for each appointment and is not part of the subject itself.  I've seen posts discussing the AppointmentFormatString.  The problem is that my custom text is dynamic per appointment, and it isn't one of the existing format tags.  Is there any way to change the AppointmentFormatString dynamically per appointment?  Is the only option using the default format tags (DESCRIPTION, END_DATE_TIME, etc.)?

I've also seen some posts discussing the appointment's Style.CustomRules property to dynamically change the look of the appointment.  Is there any way I can add/change the appointment's text using CustomRules?

Are there any other options besides these two?

Thanks!

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

Basically what you've heard is right on. 

CustomRules are strictly for styling, there isn't a way to update the text there. 

What you could potentially do is loop through all the Activiites after you've called DataBind on WSI, and update the Subject. Or, if your appointments don't use other fields, such as Location, or Description, you could repurpose them to use your custom data.

- SteveZ

Children
No Data