Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ig:RowEditingClientBinding & WebDropDown
posted

I have a webDropDown in my rowediting template of my webdatagrid. How can I bind its value properly so that when a user clicks a row and pops up the row edit template, the WebDropDropDown will display the rows current value. Please advise. It looks like $get({ClientID}) is used to get and set the value. Does that work with with the webdropdown? or do I need some permutation of $find()? I want to do the same thing with the WebDateChooser. I need to bind it to the current records value.

<ig:RowEditingClientBinding ColumnKey="DEPR_PRDM_ID" ControlID="masterpDDL"

GetValueJavaScript="$get({ClientID}).value"

SetValueJavaScript="$get({ClientID}).value={value}"

/>

<ig:RowEditingClientBinding ColumnKey="DEPR_EffectiveDate" ControlID="WebDateChooser1"

GetValueJavaScript="$get({ClientID}).value"

SetValueJavaScript="$get({ClientID}).value={value}"

/>

Thanks,

Chris in San Diego 

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi,

Yep - you are right, it's better to use $find ($get will work as well, but will not be quite clean and will operate directly on the dropdown HTML elements): 

<ig:RowEditingClientBinding ColumnKey="DEPR_PRDM_ID" ControlID="masterpDDL"

GetValueJavaScript="$find({ClientID}).get_currentValue()" SetValueJavaScript="$find({ClientID}).set_currentValue({value}, true)"

/>

This should work.

Thanks,

Angel

Children
No Data