Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Track look and feel
posted

I have the requirement to use the slider to input data items like in a Query by example.  Two of my requirements are: "Greater Than" and "Outside of"

All of the other cases are: less than, equal to, between... Those have a "track" visualization that makes sense, but there doesn't seem to be a way to "highlight" the track for my 2 requirements.

I know you can set the Track to FillValueMode of None|MainValue|Range  is there a way to do an opposite of MainValue or Range? in css or in an override? or do I need to submit this as a change to teh control?

thanks

posted

Hi,

You may have separate styles for any portion of track bar (left, middle, right areas). You also may implement out-of-range behavior on client. For styling you may look at various styles provided by installation, though, Default also can be used. I wrote an example which has red, orange, yellow zones, and do not allow left thumb (red background) go above 40, and right thumb (yellow background) go below 60.

<style type="text/css">
     .fillCss
     {
     background:red;
     }
     .mainCss
     {
     background:yellow;
     }
     .secondCss
     {
     background:orange;
     }
     .edgeCss
     {
     background:none;
     }
    </style>

<script type="text/javascript">
    function valueChanging(slider, eventArgs)
    {
     var val = eventArgs.get_newValue();
     var max = eventArgs.get_isSecondary();
     if(max && val < 60)
      eventArgs.set_cancel(true);
     if(!max && val > 40)
      eventArgs.set_cancel(true);
    }
    </script>
     <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />
     <ig:WebSlider ID="WebSlider1" runat="server" EnableSecondaryValue="True"
       ThumbsInteractionMode="Lock">
      <Track>
       <CssClasses SecondaryValueFillCssClass="secondCss"
        ValueFillCssClass="fillCss" CssClass="mainCss" LeftOrTopEdgeCssClass="edgeCss"
        RightOrBottomEdgeCssClass="edgeCss" />
      </Track>
        <ClientEvents ValueChanging="valueChanging" />
      </ig:WebSlider>