Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Best way to display event list in calendar format
posted

In my app, I need a way to display a list of events by date in a calendar format.  I don't need any interaction with the calendar beyond prev/next month.  Users will not need to add/edit/delete events via the calendar.  I also need the user to be able to print the calendar with events.

I thought the Infragistics WebMonthView control could handle this but it seems to be very specific to being an Outlook type scheduler.  It can display the month and by setting the EnableAutoActivityDialog property to false it appears to disable the add/edit/delete functions.  I had assumed that I could either return a dataset of events and assign it to a DataSource property or manually add events to either the Activities or Appointments collections.  But I see there is no DataSource property, no Add method on the Appointments collection, and trying to add an activity to the Activities collection causes an 'Unable to cast object of type 'Infragistics.WebUI.WebSchedule.Activity' to type 'Infragistics.WebUI.WebSchedule.Appointment' exception.  I also see no way to print the calendar.

Can any of the Infragistics schedule controls handle my requirements?   Does anyone have a suggestion on how best to handle this?

Thanks for any feedback.

posted

You should create new Appointment objects for your Events and add it to the Activties collection in the WebScheduleInfo object that is tied to the WebMonthView. I am reading the data manually from the database and creating the Appointment objects.

I don't think you can print that easily.

- Girish Nair