Sort works fine. The initial use of the filter works fine. If I try to do just about anything after setting a filter (clear the filter, filter another column, sort filtered data) I get a Client side error of [NullReferenceException at Infragistis.Web.UI.GridControls.Filtering.SaveClientObjects(ArrayListpropertyObjectList) ...
Anybody else with better luck doing so?
I have attached the HTML and C# code.
I can't tell much from your code, because its more a snippet, since the full databinding is not there and I can't run it, since it depends on other parts of your application. But since you are putting WebDataGrid in the UpdatePanel try setting the EnableAjax property to false for WebDataGrid, to see if that will fix the issue.
You have the full code except for the master page, which I have used with WebDataGrids before with no problem, and the ZipCodeDownload class which should not have any effect, I think, as it has no HTML.
I tried setting the EnableAjax property to false and I got another NullReferenceException on the client side after a filter was set and I tried to sort a column or do any other filter action.
I then took the WebDataGrid out of the UpdatePanel, and set the EnableAjax property back to true. That gets rid of the Null exception after a filer has been set and doing another sort/filter action. The filter behavior is still INCORRECT though. Setting a filter works fine. If I clear that filter, the filter is still place. Hidden rows do not reappear unless I sort a column or turn on another filter. Then the hidden rows reappear.
I have not found any coding example where a WebDataGrid is bound to a DataTable in code-behind and filtering behavior has been used. I have not had these kinds of problems when hooking a WebDataGrid to a SqlDataSource.
I have attached the modified HTML. The C# code is unchanged.
Thanks a lot for your help Olga.
I can actually get the NullReferenceException even now. If a filter on a column. Filter tha column again getting no data, and there should be rows, and then filter that column for a third time. Ithen get the Client side NullReferenceException again.
Complete example that you can run with all my internal company code removed. One column and two rows.
Filter with Begins with 'P'.
Filter with Begins with 'T'.
I tested the latest sample that you attached and was able to reproduce the error. This was a bug in WebDataGrid which we have already fixed and you will be able to get the fix in the latest Service Release which is coming out at the end of this month. Meanwhile you can turn of the EnableDataViewState for the grid, by setting it to false and you will be able to avoid the issue.