Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Checkbox Template Column
posted

Hi all,

I am new to the grid control and am trying to understand how to setup and use the control to fulfill my requirements. I have a grid that has 3 columns. The grid has the CellEditing behavior setup where two of the columns use Dropdown EditorProviders. My 3rd column contains a boolean value that also needs to be editable.

I created a TemplateDataField that contains a checkbox. The checkbox is disabled when the grid loads and I would like to enable it when the row is made editable. I am trying to use the EnteringEditMode event to do this, but I can't seem to get my javascript function to work correctly.

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">

function  activateTemplateControls()

{

var grid = $find("<%= WebDataGrid1.ClientID %>");

// Get active row

var activeRow = grid.get_behaviors().get_activation().get_activeCell().get_row();

}

</script>

I receive an error: 'get_behaviors().get_activation()' is null or not an object.

What am I doing wrong? Am I using the wrong event is there a better way of doing this? Also, is there a check box editor provider?

Thanks