Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Problems with WebScheduleSqlClientProvider
posted

Hey guys,

I am trying to create a pretty straightforward webschedule page and I keep getting this:

An exception of type 'System.ArgumentNullException' occurred in System.Web.dll but was not handled in user code

Additional information: Value cannot be null.

The odd thing is that when I set up the webschedule stuff in another (simple) project, it works. I use the same SqlDataSource and WebScheduleSqlClientProvider. The only difference is that in the first project, I'm using the supervising controller pattern and having the controller make a call to the view's DataBind method when the page loads and that's where the exception gets thrown.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ilija 

Edit:

When I remove the call to DataBind, I end up with this error:

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) 

[SqlException (0x80131904): An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)]
Infragistics.WebUI.Data.WebScheduleDbProvider.FireDataProviderError(Object sender, DataProviderErrorEventArgs args) +534
Infragistics.WebUI.Data.WebScheduleDbProvider.OnDataError(Object sender, DataProviderErrorEventArgs args) +33
Infragistics.WebUI.Data.WebScheduleDbProvider.FetchResource(FetchResourcesContext context) +616
Infragistics.WebUI.Data.WebScheduleDbProvider.Fetch(DataContext context) +164
Infragistics.WebUI.WebSchedule.WebScheduleInfo.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +352
Infragistics.WebUI.WebSchedule.WebScheduleInfo.DataBind() +44
Infragistics.WebUI.WebSchedule.WebScheduleInfo.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +183
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +86
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +170
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2041

The strange thing about this is that I'm using the exact same connection string as in the other project and it works in that one... 

Parents
    posted

I have exactly same issue.

I have a project with WebMonthView.  I'm trying to hook it to SQL database. It gives me the error above. 

I went ahead and created a sample application and did EXACTLY the same thing, same code same connection string.  This sample application WORKS.

What is going on here?  

Reply Children
No Data