I recently wrote an enhancement to an that included creating a new user control. I initially added all of the new features in a new web application, before integrating it into the existing application. The new user control within this new application worked great and had a couple of WebDropDowns and WebDatePickers.
As soon as I moved the new code from the project into my existing application, however, it stopped working. Everything worked as expected except for the infragistics controls. They (the WebDropDown & WebDatePicker) would not persist their values, nor would they fire any (server-side) events. I eventually resorted to using the non-Ajax version of the controls (the WebCombo & WebDateChooser). The non-ajax controls worked great....they persisted their values and event-firing worked just as expected.
My resolution was to use the non-Ajax controls, however, I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this problem or knows how to resolve it. The code was exactly the same in both projects and the only difference was that the existing application was a website while the project one was a web application. I was using version 9.2.20092.2025 and had the same problem with .2183.
I think I may had a case previously where when disabling view state on the WebDropDown will not allow the events to fire so you can set the EnableViewState property to true.
Let me know if this works for you. Thank you.
Viewstate was enabled. Please read the notes that this was working in one project, not the other. The Code was exaclty the same.
However, I do thank you for your reply.
Thanks for the update.
You can attach a sample or the aspx markup to the thread on the project not working and I run the application on my machine for verifying the behavior. This will help for troubleshooting.
Let me know if you have any questions with this matter. Thank you.
Thanks for responding to this. I dont think you will have any problem getting this snippet to work. It is the ascx markup for a user control. It works with or without 'enableviewstate' in the project application and does not work with or without 'enableviewstate' in the other application (website). And as soon as I switched to the non-ajax infragistics controls (same version), it began working fine.