Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebHierarchicalDataGrid binding through code
posted

Hello,

I am attempting to bind my WebHierarchicalDataGrid through code using LinqToSQL methods. The parent grid displays and when I click arrow to view the child view, the following error message displays: 

[Exception]: DataView has no DataSourceID or DataSource set.

I have the following code to create and bind my DataGrid, DataViews and DataRelations in my Page_Load event handler:

//

//create the OrderHeaders view

Infragistics.Web.UI.DataSourceControls.DataView view = new Infragistics.Web.UI.DataSourceControls.DataView();

//set the properties of the OrderHeaders view

view.ID = "OrderHeadersDataView";

view.DataSource = scRepository.GetOrders(customerNo);

this.WebHierarchicalDataSource1.DataViews.Add(view);

//

//create the OrderDetails view

view = new Infragistics.Web.UI.DataSourceControls.DataView();

//set the properties of the OrderDetails view

view.ID = "OrderDetailsDataView";

view.DataSource = scRepository.GetOrderDetails(customerNo);

this.WebHierarchicalDataSource1.DataViews.Add(view);

Infragistics.Web.UI.DataSourceControls.DataRelation dr = new Infragistics.Web.UI.DataSourceControls.DataRelation();

dr.ParentDataViewID = "OrderHeadersDataView";

dr.ParentColumns = new string[] { "OrderNo" };

dr.ChildDataViewID = "OrderDetailsDataView";

dr.ChildColumns = new string[] { "OrderNo" };

this.WebHierarchicalDataSource1.DataRelations.Add(dr);

this.whgOrders.DataSourceID = this.WebHierarchicalDataSource1.ID;

this.whgOrders.DataBind();

And markup:

<ig:WebHierarchicalDataGrid ID="whgOrders" runat="server" Height="450px" Width="600px" AutoGenerateColumns="False" AutoGenerateBands="true">

<Columns>

<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="OrderNo" Header-Text="Order No" Key="OrderNo" />

<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="CustomerPoNo" Header-Text="Cust PO" Key="CustomerPoNo" />

<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="RevisedDueDate" Header-Text="Due Date" Key="RevisedDueDate" DataFormatString="{0:d}" />

</Columns>

<Bands>

<ig:Band AutoGenerateColumns="false" DataKeyFields="OrderNo">

<Columns>

<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="LineNum" Header-Text="Line No" Key="LineNum" />

<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="PartNo" Header-Text="Part No" Key="PartNo" />

<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="BuyQtyDue" Header-Text="Qty" Key="BuyQtyDue" DataFormatString="{0}" />

<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="RevisedDueDate" Header-Text="DueDate" Key="RevisedDueDate" DataFormatString="{0:d}" />

</Columns>

</ig:Band>

</Bands>

</ig:WebHierarchicalDataGrid>

<ig:WebHierarchicalDataSource ID="WebHierarchicalDataSource1" runat="server">

</ig:WebHierarchicalDataSource>

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Steve

Parents Reply Children
No Data