Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Excel Export with multiple data sources in same grid on different sheets issue
posted

Good Day,

My apologies for the subject, sometimes it is difficult to nail down the issue in the subject line.  In any event, my problem is pretty direct.  I have a hierarchical grid that I am exporting to excel with no issues.  I can call the export function and it does so correctly and loads into excel as expected.  However, my issue is this: I have a list of employee ids stored in a session value.  On the user UI they click "next" or "previoius" and the page posts back, grabs the next/previous employee id, grabs the data from the database and populates the hierarchical grid.  Now, my issue is that my client needs to be able to export Employees (from some ID to another ID) to excel, with each employee being on a seperate sheet.  I attempted to use the parameter that allows for an array of Webcontrols, but I keep getting an "object is equal to null" error on the export function.  Below is my code, starting with my .aspx grid code, then my export function.  I should also note that my grid is loaded completely dynamically from an IEnumerable object. 

---SECTION 1 WHDG .ASPX CODE--------

<td>                                                               <ig:WebHierarchicalDataGrid ID="whdgWeeklyPayroll" runat="server" Height="700px"

Width="100%" InitialDataBindDepth="-1" EnableDataViewState="True" AutoGenerateBands="true" AutoGenerateColumns="true" OnInitializeRow="whdgWeeklyPayroll_InitializeRow" />                                                                   

<ig:WebExcelExporter ID="weeWeeklyPayroll" runat="server"></ig:WebExcelExporter>

</td>

---SECTION 2 EXCEL EXPORT FUNCTION----

protected void btn_wdwEE_ExportSubmit_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

//this.wdwExcelExport.WindowState = Infragistics.Web.UI.LayoutControls.DialogWindowState.Hidden;

WebControl[] _gridExport;

int _fromIndex = Get_IndexByEmployeeNumber(this.tbx_wdwEE_ExportEmployeesFrom.Text);

int _toIndex = Get_IndexByEmployeeNumber(this.tbx_wdwEE_ExportEmployeesTo.Text);

int _totalSheets = (_toIndex - _fromIndex) + 1;

_gridExport = new WebControl[_totalSheets];

List<string> _items = new List<string>();

foreach (ListItem l in this.cbxl_wdwEE_ExportViewTypes.Items)

{

if (l.Selected)

{

_items.Add(l.Text);

}

}

for (int i = 0; i < _totalSheets; i++)

{

_gridExport[i] = new WebHierarchicalDataGrid();

GetSet_Index(_fromIndex + i);

//LoadGrid(this.cbxl_wdwEE_ExportViewTypes);

((WebHierarchicalDataGrid)_gridExport[i]).ID = i.ToString();

((WebHierarchicalDataGrid)_gridExport[i]).InitialDataBindDepth = -1;

((WebHierarchicalDataGrid)_gridExport[i]).AutoGenerateBands = true;

((WebHierarchicalDataGrid)_gridExport[i]).AutoGenerateColumns = true;

((WebHierarchicalDataGrid)_gridExport[i]).EnableDataViewState = true;

((WebHierarchicalDataGrid)_gridExport[i]).Rows.Clear();

((WebHierarchicalDataGrid)_gridExport[i]).DataSource = RetrieveResults(GetSet_Index(null), _items);

((WebHierarchicalDataGrid)_gridExport[i]).DataBind();

//List<string> _hidden = cePayrollReport_Utilities.HiddenColumns_ByRecordType();

//foreach (string s in _hidden)

//{

// if (e.Row.Items.FindItemByKey(s) != null)

// {

// e.Row.Items.FindItemByKey(s).Column.Hidden = true;

// }

//}

//foreach (ContainerGridRecord row in ((WebHierarchicalDataGrid)_gridExport[i]).GridView.Rows)

//{

// row.ExpandChildren();

//}

}

this.weeWeeklyPayroll.DownloadName = string.Format("HPDSchedule_{0}", DateTime.Now.ToString("MM-dd-yy(HHmm)"));

this.weeWeeklyPayroll.ExportMode = ExportMode.Download;

this.weeWeeklyPayroll.WorkbookFormat = Infragistics.Documents.Excel.WorkbookFormat.Excel97To2003;

this.weeWeeklyPayroll.Export(true, _gridExport);

}

Parents Reply Children
No Data