Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
gridView:willSelectCellAtPath: selectively firing
posted

This is really putting the knife in my project.

As far as I understand it, the IGGridViewDelegate methods gridView:willSelectCellAtPath: and gridView:didSelectCellAtPath: don't need any special code from the programmer to get them working.  Simply add them to your project's .m file and fill in the logic.  When the project is run, the grid will call them if they are implemented.

Well, as my video demonstrates, this is not the case for me. 

The grid does not call either of these methods for the bottom row cells.

You can see my demo on my google drive here...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hb6t-mm5rxkaLEmZmYbSihhPAjVO3SPg

Unfortunately I can't conveniently package up this functionality into a project because the project is very large and many files are involved in getting this on screen.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi, 

It’s hard to say exactly what’s going on from just the video. 
    So, i’m going to ask just a few questions that could possibly be the cause. 
    1. Is it possible that there is an “invisible” view blocking the bottom of the screen? You can use the iOS visual debugger to see if that’s the case. 
    2. Is the grid’s height, the height we’re seeing on the screen? What I mean by that, is that if ClipToBounds is false for the grid, and the height of the grid isn’t actually the full height, it’s possible to see the cells, but it would be impossible to interact with them. 
    3. I noticed in the video that the bottom cell in the grid is empty. Are you possibly returning nil for that cell, or if it’s not nil, if there is content in that cell, does it fire?
Reply Children