I recently made a few tests with wingantt view with version 10.2.20102.1004. After installing the new version and the license for it, the option to scale a milestone position inside the "base" time resolution is gone. I clearly remember that I set something like this on this old version when I was evaluating it. Now it is completely gone. And the behavior is to snap to the interval edges, not to proportionally put the milestone in the middle of the day if the time was set to 12:00.
I found some demo http://help.infragistics.com/Help/Doc/WinForms/2013.1/CLR4.0/html/WinGanttView_TimeLine_Task_Positioning.html but it does not seem to work with my old version of the control, and I am forced to use that one. the compiler says that this.theGanttView.TimelineSettings.TaskPositioning does not exist.
Can I do anything? I have to reinstall the old version again?
I am not sure what you were using before, but the TimelineTaskPositioning feature was not added until 13.1:
Were you testing the demo version of a newer version, then your production was limited to 10.2 so when you switched back down to it, you found that feature missing?
By scale I am assuming you mean setting the milestone to a value in between the PrimaryInterval values?
Sorry for the weird question above.
So there is no way to put the milestone in the middle of the primary interval (=1 day) even if the finish date& time is set to middle of the day, using the NetAdvantage 2010.2 version?
Maybe using some other setting /trick ?
Because that (2010.2) was all I had until the new license came (with 2016.1 version). I did not download the installation kit from Infragistics website I used a old one that was on the build server.
Please make really really sure. Thank you.
Unfortunately to my knowledge, sans some possibly major creation filter work, that is not possible. That is why we created the feature to proportionally draw the tasks\milestones. I do not know what method you may have used to get the behavior you did, maybe set the PrimaryInterval to a lower unit of time. Then it could be possible that you used a creation filter to hide the actual PrimaryInterval.
Michael GermannSoftware Development Team LeadInfragistics