Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
DataChart - Zooming
posted

Hello there,

i am using the datachart more and more, and thus it seems i run into more and more Detail questions.

At this time i was taking care of zooming and have 2 questions

1) Can i change the Color (brush) of the zooming rectangle (outline) while using the mouse? One of my Charts Needs to have a black Background and the zooming rectangle cannot be ssen.

2) When drawing the zooming rectangle, while the left mouse button is down, i have an issue, when i Approach the x or y axis. I want to Setup the zooming rectangle by starting in the middle of the Chart, move the mouse down to the x-axis (so that i get each Point) and then move the mouse to the left. But movin the mouse left is not possible when having the mouse Cursor on or a Little bit underneath the x-axis line. This way of zooming is very Handy in my case. Is there a way to realize this?

I hope ist clear what i mean.

Thank you,

Thomas

Parents
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hi Thomas,

Looking at the source the DragRect stroke used is set to black and there is no exposed way to change that... I'll submit an item for us to adjust the DragRect stroke.

We are also purposely not adjusting the DragRect when the mouse goes outside the PlotArea.  I'm still looking at this area to see if we can toggle this capture.  A workaround would be to go left as far as you need to and then mouse up into the plot area and then back down below the axis to get all those points in the zoom rect. 

Reply Children