Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Could not load file or assembly
posted

Out of nowhere after running this application in debug mode I get the following exception.

Could not load file or assembly 'Infragistics2.Win.v11.1, Version=11.1.20111.2111, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

In the references I am only referencing 'Version=11.1.20111.1003'. I do have this version (Version=11.1.20111.2111), as well as the Version=11.1.20111.1003, on the computer, but I don't know why the application is failing when I try to load a form. The statement I use to load the form is Application.Run(New frmMain). I can't even step into the load event. It simply crashes right there with the exception above. 

I have cleared the licenses.licx file, cleaned the solution and rebuilt it several times. I have checked for any reference to the Version=11.1.20111.2111 and can find none anywhere. 

I have checked the forum. I have googled the exception. I simply can't find a solution. Please help with any troubleshooting tips and / or tools that I can use to fix this.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello,

There is a reference to 11.1.20111.2111 somewhere in your application.  These are the places that are possible to find the reference:

• license.licx (this typically is a compile time error rather than runtime).
    • References in the project - typically this would also be caught at compile time.
    • Compiled dependencies containing user controls or code libraries with Infragistics references - if these were compiled with the newer version, this might be seen at compile time or run time.
    • If there are any Binary references in a resource file they could have a reference to a specific version.

Is it possible to get the call stack for the crash?  This might give some hints as to what is causing the issue.  This should be in the exception details.

Note that by default when doing .NET development and debugging Visual Studio is set to skip over code that you don't have debug symbols for so that will cause it to skip over the Application.Run method when you step through the code.  You can uncheck the Enable Just My Code option in the debugger options and enable Framework Source Stepping to change this behavior.

Let me know if you have any questions with this matter.

Reply Children