The custom column filter dialog does not look good when DPI significantly above 100% (I am testing at 200% and higher).
This is happening in production, but I got the problem to happen in a test app as well. I took the example code from this forum post, set AllowRowFiltering on a column and enabled high dpi support.
The source I have attached is at Infragistics 16.1 but I also see this problem on 17.1 .
And here is roughly what it should look like (but without the aliasing from system scaling).
I followed the steps you suggested and was unable to reproduce the behavior you're describing. I have set my Windows10 machine scaling to 200% and I have called EnabledVisualStyles method in my application entry point. However, I did not observe the behavior you mentioned in CustomFilterDialog.
I tried testing this issue with the sample you provided but I ran into some other non related issues while debugging it. I have tested the CustomFilterDialog rendering issue with a simple application that I already have. I have attached the sample project I used to test this. Please test this project on your PC; whether or not it works correctly may help indicate the nature of this problem.
If the project does not work correctly, then the change in behavior is due to differences in your environment from mine and these differences can be anything from operating system version to the specific version of the Infragistics DLL versions used. My test was performed using version 2017.1.20171.1000 in Infragistics for WindowsForms 2017 Vol1. Please provide more details about your machine and version of the assemblies that you are referencing so that I can modify the environment that I am testing in to match yours.
If the project does show the product feature working correctly, then more information will be needed to reproduce the issue in a sample that can be used for debugging. It will help if you can provide a small, isolated sample application that demonstrates the behavior you are seeing. This can be done by either making the sample that I provided more like your application or by isolating the behavior from your application by removing dependencies on any third parties or databases.
Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.
Sincerely,Sahaja KokkalagaddaAssociate Software Developer
Thanks for your reply. I downloaded and was able to run your test app, and see that it does not repro the problem. I upgraded the .Net version to 4.7, added an app manifest, and make some changes to the app.config to enable dpi awareness (see the microsoft link above for details). It now repros on my machine. Resulting code is in the attached file.
If you have multiple monitors, you will need to set the high dpi monitor as primary. After changing DPI settings, login again to get the DPI to fully propagate.
We have the same experience, once the manifest entry is made to enable DPI awareness this screen goes south. We're testing on a 4k screen at it's recommended 300%. We also have multiple other scaling glitches with IG controls but have worked around some of them. It should be noted we're currently on 16.1 in the process of migrating to 17.1.