I am getting error (Object reference not set to an instance of an object) while trying to load excel file with macro. This is the old version of excel in which macro saved in the same .xls extension. I can provide the sample file if needed.
Loading of Excel workbook containing VBA code is supported in Infragistics Excel Engine. To investigate this further I will need the file you are not able to load. Therefore, please send this file so I can look into this.
Looking forward to your reply.
Attached is the excel file. It is simply crashing on Infragistics.Documents.Excel.Workbook.Load(filepath);
Looking forward for your response....
I tried to load provided file and received same exception. I have asked our engineering staff to examine this further. To ensure that it will receive attention, I have logged this behavior in our internal tracking system with a Development ID of 243990. This will be assigned to a developer in a future sprint to review my investigation and confirm my findings or to offer a fix, or other resolution.
Please let me know if you need more information.
Do you have any expected time when you will receive response from your engineering staff ?
Can you suggest any workaround at this point because I am very heavily dependent on Infragistics Excel library and daily I receive bunch of excel files from client and this is special case, even the same file if I open in latest version of excel and save as it in .xlsm, it worked.
I have escalated your issue in our internal tracking system to highest priority. As soon as we have a fix for this and the fix is confirmed by our quality engineers I will send you a link where you can download the fixed version of our controls. Regarding the workaround I do not have such now. If I came up with something I will get back to you.
In the meantime please let me know for which supported version of Infragistics you will need a fix.
Thank you for using Infragistics Components.
The version which is specified in infragisitics excel dll (Infragistics45.WebUI.Documents.Excel.v15.1.dll) is 15.1.20151.2400
Any update from the support team ?
Our developers had found a fix for this issue and have implemented it in our code. The item in our internal tracking system now is in awaiting tests state. This means that it should be tested now. As soon as the fix passes all the tests our quality engineers will perform on it, the fix will be included in our next bi-weekly build and I will be able to send you a link where you will be able to download the fix.
Looking at the version you are using it seems to me that your application is not Windows Forms one. Can you specify which of Infragistics products you are using, so I will know for what product you will need the fix.
One more thing. It seems that you are using version 2015 volume 1. This version is not supported for service release since March 2016, as you can see here. Therefore, please let me know for which supported version of Infragistics you will need the fix.
I created a case for you with id CAS-187886-L6C2B9. You could reach your case following the link bellow:
This issue is now fixed and will be included in our next service release. It is also included in our last bi-weekly build. I will provide you with a download location for this build via the mentioned case.