Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Ultraganttview save tasks
posted

Hello,

I have a problem when I save my tasks from my current project to the database. When I save it to my database, I can't open my tasks properties anymore and the also the Predecessors field is cleared (as you can see in the screenshot). Screenshot 1 is before saving, screenshot 2 is after doing:

foreach (Project prj in this.ultraCalendarInfo1.Projects)
{
    for (int i = 0; i < prj.Tasks.Count; i++)
    {
        DataRow[] taskRow = this.ds.Tables["Tasks"].Select("TaskID = '" + prj.Tasks[i].Id + "'");
        if (taskRow.Length == 1)
        {
            taskRow[0]["RowIndex"] = i;
        }
    }
}
tda.Update(ds,"Tasks");

With tda being:

tda = new SqlDataAdapter();
SqlCommand cmdT = conn.CreateCommand();
cmdT.CommandText = "SELECT * FROM Task order by ProjectKey, RowIndex";
tda.SelectCommand = cmdT;
sqlCmdBuilderT = new SqlCommandBuilder(tda);

I know it has something to do with the foreach loop. But I need that before the save so I can keep the current order in the tasks. Because when I save without the foreach the defaultsort on date will be used and the order will be gone.

Kind regards,

Robbe

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Robbe,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics. Please review my sample below, as it demonstrates how to save predecessor information to the UltraGanttView. If the issue still persists on your end, please modify the sample attached demonstrating the behavior and I will investigate this for you.

Let me know if you have any questions.

WinGantViewDataBind.zip

Children