Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Ignore high contrast Windows settings
posted

Is there a way to have the application not use the Windows theme settings such as those for high-contrast mode?

All I'm seeing right now is the explicitly define each and every color as I want it to be so the OS does not use a default.

There's the App Stylist but I'm not using a theme currently and would have to build or modify one and I believe would still have to define all those individual settings.

Thanks

Parents
    Offline posted

It's looking more and more like using App Stylist starting from a blank library and selecting 'Yes, Turn Off' for turning off system themes when creating the library is going to be the way to go. From there I can explicitly set theme options that will override the underlying OS defaults. Later I'll detect if the user is using high contrast via SystemInformation.HighContrast and load another isl file for a custom high contrast theme. 

Other than the above it seems I'd need to override each control's styling in code without using an isl file.

Reply Children
No Data