Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Different grid behavior for AllowAddNew.TemplateOnTop vs TemplateOnBottom
posted

I have an UltraWinGrid 12.1 that works perfectly when the add row is on top. I want to give the user the option to switch the add row to the bottom. However, when they do that the behavior of the grid changes like this:

As soon as any key is entered into the add line, a new add row is shown (two lines with asterisks), confusing the user. This is different than when add row is on top, where you only have one asterisk line. 

The only code that gets executed to move the add row to the bottom is this line:

grdGrid.DisplayLayout.Bands(0).Override.AllowAddNew = AllowAddNew.TemplateOnBottom

I should note that once this code is executed and you move the add row back to the top the double asterisk now appears on the top too! I can only clear it by leaving the screen and returning to it, initializing the whole thing. I analyzed the differences between the two saved grid layout XML files and the only difference if the value of <AllowAddNew>6 (for the bottom) versus 7 (for the top).

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Ted,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics. I just tested 12.1, and 18.1 and both behave the same. From what I can recall we always had a stationary add-row present above the one the end user is actually typing. As soon as a key press is made a new record is added to the grid. Because the add-row the user is typing in is actually an uncommitted record in the UltraGrid. We even include a TemplateOnTopWithTabRepeat option that lets the end user press tab, when in the last cell of the current add-row, and proceed back to the add-row. You might be interested in using FixedAddRowOnTop and FixedAddRowOnBottom. This reduces the extra add-row you see.

To summarize, both top and bottom settings should behave the same. Let me know if you have any questions.

Children