Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ItemEnteredEditMode (Your Example)
posted

Hi

I'm using your sample that is posted online and when I paste the code in to VS2017 and Infragistics 16.1 Win CLR4x I get two Errors

Option Strict On Disallows implict conversions from UIElement to EmdeddableUIElementBase
Option Strict On Disallows implict conversions from Object to EmdeddableEditorBase

Swiching Option Strict to Off is not acceptable and it doesn'y help anyway.

Can you tell me why and how do I stop this from happening.

Regards
Paul

From www.infragistics.com/.../infragistics.win.ultrawinlistview~infragistics.win.ultrawinlistview.ultralistviewitem~uielement

Private
Sub ultraListView1_ItemEnteredEditMode(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Infragistics.Win.UltraWinListView.ItemEnteredEditModeEventArgs) Handles ultraListView1.ItemEnteredEditMode ' If the embeddable editor for this item supports a dropdown, ' call the DropDown method. Dim embeddableElement As EmbeddableUIElementBase = e.Item.UIElement.GetDescendant(GetType(EmbeddableUIElementBase), e.Item) Dim editor As EmbeddableEditorBase = IIf(Not embeddableElement Is Nothing, embeddableElement.Editor, Nothing) If (Not editor Is Nothing AndAlso editor.SupportsDropDown) Then editor.DropDown() End If End Sub
Parents
    Offline posted

Hi Paul,

You can resolve this by using CType to cast instead of the As operator. Please let me know if this works for you.

I will look into changing our sample to avoid this error.

Reply Children