Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Ultra Grid Row Update
posted

Good Day

I am having an issue with UltraGridRow.Update()

In some circumstances it runs fast. (0.1 seconds) , in other circumstances is it running slows. (1 second)

If I was able to know what processes are running behind .Update, I might be able to debug it better.

Are you able to assist me with that?

The UtraGrid is being used in custom built 3rd party framework, so it is difficult to explain how it is being used.

When a new Stock Receipt is created and the grid is populated, making changes to the quantity cells is very slow

When a I open an existing Stock Receipt and the grid is populated, making changes to the quantity cells is very fast

I have tracked down the slow down to row.Update().

I checked on SQL Server Profiler and the duration of the update is the same in both cases.

Perhaps you could tell me which processes or events to check to see where the slow down might be.

Offline posted

Hello Ian,

Both adding new row and updating the existing row will use the binding manager to update the UI and should take about the same time.

Couple of things that might cause this performance issue are:

1. If it’s taking more time to update cells of a new record then it must be because of some key related validations happening in the database.
    2. If there is any antivirus check running in the background. This might cause a performance issue sometimes.

Please verify the above and let me know if I may be of further assistance.