Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Ultra Grid Crash when dragging Cell into Group By Row
posted

Hi,

I have an issue on an ultra grid on my application.

The grid has a group by row setting as such:

The cells that can be seen can be selected and multiple cells can be selected when the user drags across. When the user drags the cells and drags it upwards towards the group by row in this example is the 'Asset type xxxx', the application crashes with the following exception:

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGrid.Infragistics.Win.ISelectionManager.ItemNearestPoint(Point point, ISelectableItem lastItem)
at Infragistics.Win.SelectionStrategyExtended.OnMouseMove(ISelectableItem item, MouseMessageInfo& msginfo)
at Infragistics.Win.SelectionStrategyExtended.OnMouseMessage(ISelectableItem item, MouseMessageInfo& msginfo)
at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseMoveHelper(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.Utilities.ProcessEvent(Control control, ProcessEvent eventToProcess, EventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraControlBase.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I am using VB.

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics!

I have some follow up questions concerning this matter. How are you enabling drag and drop for the cells? How are you otherwise setting up the grid? Do you group a column before dragging the cells to the group by area? What version are you using?

Reply Children