Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Store recurring appointments in database and use the 'Outlook2003Appointment-Dialog'
posted

Hello, i work on an old Project with VS2008; .Net 2.x and Infragistics 8.2 (not possible to upgrade the Project at the Moment!). I use the calender info and fill the appointments and owner structure via dataset from a SQL Server 2008 R2 database. I store my additional Infos i Need in a csv-list in the datakey and handle additional Relations on the database via stored procs, that proof on insert, update and delete what to do. So if i have a appointment on a day for several 'owner', my sp handels this on the database and i also catch the 'close' of the appointment Dialog to create the additional appointments in the calender info collection. This works fine for me. But i have a Problem with this if the appointment should be a recurrence!

My wish: take the reccurence-pattern (ex. 10 daily recurrence) and create 10 appointments in the database with a flag that they belong to a 'reccurence' and a relations-table for this recurrende (say rec 1).

But how Looks the structure i must build, if i create my appointment-collection from the database?

I never load all appointments, so I mostly don't load the root appointment!

What is the best way to use the Recurrence2003 Dialog with all the work infragistcs allready done?

Should i sign each appointment-recurence as variance?

Thanks

Patric  

Parents Reply Children