Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Remote Desktop disconnect/reconnect, TX Textcontrol losing all but plain text
posted

Hello all

The RIbbon of the UltraToolBarsManager "rebuilds" controls somehow when reconnecting to a remote desktop session.

I have a form with a ToolBarsManager (no matter if panel or not).
I have a Textcontrol with some formatted text, tables, whatever.
No properties set except ultraToolBarsManager1.Ribbon.Visible=true (without it, everything is ok).

I disconnect from the RDS Session, I reconnect.

Everything is the same except for the contents of the Textcontrol which is replaced by plain text.
The pro's at TX Textcontrol say, that this can only happen, because the ToolBarsManager reconstructs the controls and "sees" only the Text-property which contains only the plain text - no formatting, no tables, no fields, ....
They suggest using their Ribbon, which we would do if we didn't have an ERP system with thousands of sourcefiles using lots of Infragistics controls.

What solution do you suggest?
Waiting for a bug fix?

-- Robert

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Robert, 

Please try setting UltraToolbarsManager1.IsGlassSupported = False

When the remote desktop session is closed, the OS stops the Themes service which notifies our controls that the themes on the OS have changed. This causes us to recreate the parenting form handle, and thus encounter a .NET bug that has been known to us for a very long time.

Many issues, similar to this, have been reported in the past from this bug in .NET occurring and we've always recommended to set IsGlassSupported to False. Whenever a form's Handle is recreated, it no longer honors window states correctly. Due to our ability to render the form borders with Glass (on OSs that support glass), we are forced to recreate the form's handle if theme has changed. Otherwise, the form borders will be rendered as a giant black box.,

The proposed solution in situations like this is to turn off glass on the UltraToolbarsManager.

It seems there is no good way to recognize the application is running in a remote window and know that the ThemeChanged message is due to logging out of the remote connection, without breaking existing behaviors.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Michael Di Filippo
    Associate Software Developer
    Infragistics, Inc.
    www.infragistics.com/support

Children