Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Showing a column when collapsing a column group
posted

I'm using the UltraGrid.  We have have a column group "Month" with a column for each day of the month and a Total column that is the sum of the day columns.  When a user collapsed a Month group, we want to show the Total column values for cells.  Is there a way to do this?

Offline posted

Hello Matthew, 

I recommend using an Unbound Field as the "grand" outerbound column that you wish to show as column groups are collapsed. This column's visibility can be turned off when the groups are expanded. The grid exposes several events to hook that you can use to keep track of when a group is expanded or collapsed. 

eg. BeforeGroupCollapsed, BeforeGroupExpanded, AfterGroupCollapsed, AfterGroupExpanded

If an unbound field isn't sufficient you can also set the total column's visible index and remove it from it's current group to the right-end of the columns. Please visit the "Working with Column Positions" topic for more details. 

Let me know if you have any questions.