Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraGanttView Time Line variable
posted

I've a Gantt Control built into a simple Windows Form that is displaying a series of "tasks" for us to track work for a customer. The control displays all of the data correctly.

When my control has the Time Line Interval set to Days, my Time Line Bar shows up correctly on the day the tasks starts on. If the user chooses to move the Interval from Days to Weeks, my Time Line Bar still shows up. However, the bar occupies the WHOLE of the week containing the Day my task started in. In Project, and other Gantt software, the Time Line bar is variable length. If the day my task started on is the 2nd or 3rd day of the week, the bar is drawn partially indented.

The drawing of the Time Line bar to occupy a column becomes much more pronounced when I change my interval to Months. If my task started on the 27th day of the month, visually, my time line bar will highlight the WHOLE month versus only occupying the trailing 13% (roughly) of the column.

My management has asked me to implement a variable width bar. I'm uncertain how to implement this functionality and my searches appear to be asking the wrong question - I'm getting zero results search the internet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Robert

Offline posted

Hello Robert,

I have been investigating into the behavior you are seeing, and it sounds like the behavior you are looking to prevent is that the Task bar is taking up an entirety of a timescale unit whereas you would rather see it be proportional to the amount of time that the Task’s duration actually is. In order to achieve this, there is a property that you can set on the UltraGanttView.TimelineSettings named TaskPositioning. This appears to default to TimelineTaskPositioning.FillTimeSlots, but if you change this to be TimelineTaskPositioning.Proportional, you should see the behavior you are looking for.

There also exists a documentation article about this property. You can read about it here.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.