Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraCheckBox, UltraRadioButtonList sized too small after 19.1 on 4k design surface and display
posted

Hi,

After upgrading from 18.2 to 19.1
all of the UltraCheckBoxes and Ultra radio button lists are very tiny.
Everything else looks fine.

Regular System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox is also fine.

I use a 4k monitor for design and viewing.
Visual Studio 2019, windows 10 latest.

It looked fine before this upgrade.

Any suggestions, as have thousands of these in various forms.
(this is a large app with hundreds of screens)

For the checkboxes i can change these over to regular windows checkboxes by editing directly in the designer file for win forms
Not so easy for radio button lists or ultra radio buttons in group managers.

The text size is fine, just the size of checkboxes and radio buttons.

Thanks,

Michael

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi Michael, 

Nothing should have changed here. But we did introduce a CTP of some High-Dpi support in v19.1. So I suspect this was introduced along with that functionality. 

But there are a lot of factors to consider here in order to figure out what's going on. 

In order to test this out, I ran a sample in v18.2- before we changed anything for Dpi Scaling. In this version, I find that the CheckBoxes and Radio buttons are much too small. This is consistent with everything I know and have seen about Dpi Scaling, so I'm a little confused that you say it was working correctly for you before. 

Then I tried the same test using v19.1, and in this version, and I get the same results. This is because the High-Dpi support is a CTP and is turned off by default. 

To turn it on, you have to do this: 

Infragistics.Win.DpiUtilities.MaxInfragisticsDpiAwareness = Infragistics.Win.InfragisticsDpiAwareness.PerMonitorDpiAware;

Once I do this, the checkboxes and radio buttons work correctly - they draw larger on a high-Dpi monitor just like the inbox controls. 

My test applications are, of course, opting in to Dpi Scaling support for Windows. Just as a test, I tried removing that opt-in, and in that case, I find that the DotNet framework does not automatically size the form or any of the control for Dpi Scaling, so the CheckBoxes and radio buttons are all very small on a high-Dpi monitor, but they are, of course, the same size as the inbox CheckBox and RadioButton. 

Also, MS has made incremental changes to high-DPI support in the DotNet framework over a range of CLR's. 

So I guess the first thing to do would be to determine what version of the DotNet Framework you are using and whether your application is opting-in to high-Dpi support. 

If you go to your project properties and look at the application tab, you can see the Target framework. 

Opting into high-DPI support can be done in a number of ways, but typically you would use the app.config and app.manifest files. 

Reply Children