Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Install older version of DLL's to Visual Studio
posted

I just got a new laptop and re-installed Visual Studio 2010 and the Ingragistics controls for windows forms.

Then I discovered the visual basic program I distribute would not run on users machines when I updated them with new features. The problem is they all have version 17.1 2074 of the DLL's on their machines.

When I re-installed I now seem to have version 17.1 2108 in the CLR4.0 Bin folder. So I changed my program to reference the old DLL's in another folder and the users were then able to use the new program exe. 

But now I notice the controls on my forms cannot be selected in the visual studio IDE. I tried replacing the CLR4.0 folder with old one from my old PC but then Visual Studio just crashed when I tried to select any objects such as a button.

So I put the new CLR4.0 back but still cant access the objects.

How can I just install the 2074 version again of the dll's? I cant remember but I think it must have checked for updates when I used the install I had from the original time.

It is not practical to give everyone new dlls.