Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
New joiner on Ultratree
posted

Hi I'm new on Infragistics Tools .

I wanted to build an ultratree based on an SQL view. The data is Added as BindingSource per code.

Result is given me the needed data on right structure (parent / child)

I don't find the way how

- the check box from the (SynchronizedCheckBox) should be bound to a value in dataset column 1
- column 2 should be invisible , also all columns after column 4
- column 3 is my text
- column 4 should be an input box / textbox where i can add - modify data

Or should i better go to Grid ?

Thanks for all help

Offline posted

the visible/invisibe I found out with

Ultrawintree.ColumnSettings.ColumnSets(0).Columns("Checkbox").Visible = False

Ultrawintree.ColumnSettings.ColumnSets(1).Columns("Checkbox").Visible = False

but I Don't know what is 0 and 1 meaning, in my tests 0 switch off on very first level and the 1 switch off on all other sublevels

Also when I add

UltraWinTree.ViewStyle = UltraWinTree.ViewStyle.Standard

UltraWinTree.Override.NodeStyle = NodeStyle.SynchronizedCheckBox

I get the synchronised check box, and only the first column of my dataset which should be hidden , it's here the value of "Checkbox"

By removing the 2 lines I have the tree as I want except the missing check box and the free input box.

May be someone can tell me how to add an additional column (checkbox style) in first place which I can fill by code on line generation. Should be checked if the data in ID-code is not NULL.

Thanks

Offline posted

Hello ,

Thank you for posting .About your first question ,SynchronizedCheckboxes only works on the nodes whose style is CheckBox. So you can't really do that with multiple columns. It might be a nice feature for us to allow them to link it to a column.
    You can suggest new feature idea for future versions (or vote for existing ones) at <ideas.infragistics.com>.

Regarding to hide the columns you can use Visible property. and the best place to do that is in the ColumnSetGenerated event. Something like this :

rootColumnSet.Columns["CustomerID"].Visible = false;

For having a textbox column having editing capabilities you can get it by setting the UltraTree.Override.LabelEdit property to true. This will cause a TextBox to appear in the node when the user tries to edit the node.

You can also refer to this post discussing the same behavior:https://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/f/ultimate-ui-for-windows-forms/49388/how-to-add-textboxes-to-ultratree-nodes

Let me know if you have any question.

-Divya Jain