The main column in UltraWinListView is trimming the text incorrectly and inconsistently with the ellipsis option, for Windows 10 users. This is NOT seen in Windows 7 setups, for example. See attachment.
Is this a known issue? Has it been fixed in later versions? I would prefer to address the issue without having to upgrade, if possible.
I have been investigating into the behavior you are seeing, and have been searching through our internal tracking systems to try to find anything resembling the issue you are seeing. At the moment, I have not found anything, though.
This is a rather odd issue, as the ellipses seem to be appearing at different areas within the “State type” column, and at the moment I am unsure what could potentially cause this.
There are many different ways that the UltraListView could be configured in this case, though, and as such, I would like to request the designer code as it pertains to the UltraListView or an isolated sample project from your end that reproduces this behavior you are seeing. Would it be possible for you to please provide either of these items?
Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.
It turns out that the problem occurred only when the UltraListView base font was set to Calibri Light. I changed this to just Calibri and the problem disappeared. Also confirmed that it happened only for Window 10. It never happened on my Windows 7 setup. Ticket is effectively closed for my needs.
Thanks for your prompt reply.
If it only happens with a particular font, it's probably an issue with the DotNet framework text measurement code. There are a lot of issues like that with GDI+ text measurement. If you have the same problem elsewhere or want to continue using that font, try switching to GDI, instead of GDI+. You can do that for all Infragistics controls in your application like so:
Infragistics.Win.DrawUtility.UseGDIPlusTextRendering = false;You would typically do this when your application starts, like in the "Main" method or in the constructor of your main form so that it gets set before any of the controls paint.
That worked, thanks. I set the TextRenderingMode property of the list view itself and that allows Calibri Light font to be handled properly in Windows 10.