Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
shapefile is not rendered in geographicmap
posted

Hi, i need some help

I'm trying to load a topography data into ultrageographicmap usign polylineseries, the user has to select the *.shp file and the app has to show it in the map.

My first attemp was loading the original shapefile, but it had elevation data...after researching the control documentation and other forums i realized that ultrageographicmap only supports some shapetypes. (by the way the error was "corrupted file")

i had to download QGIS software in order to convert 3D shapefile to 2D shapefile, when i load into the app is not throwing errors, everything seems ok, but after all the map is not showing anything... the file is OK because it was opened in other specialized software

some ideas why? i don't know if the error is related to CRS (Coordinate Reference Systema) but i did'nt find anything about it in documentation.

I cannot attached my shapefile because it has 4.72 MB

some code

-----------------------

Private Sub btnShpFile_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles btnShpFile.Click

Try

If OpenFileDialog1.ShowDialog = DialogResult.OK Then
Dim ruta = OpenFileDialog1.FileName

shapefileConverter = New ShapefileConverter()

shapefileConverter.ShapefileSource = New Uri(ruta, UriKind.Absolute)
shapefileConverter.DatabaseSource = New Uri(Path.ChangeExtension(ruta, "dbf"), UriKind.Absolute)

End If
Catch ex As Exception
Debug.Print("Error")
End Try
End Sub

Private Sub OnShapefileConverterImportCompleted(sender As Object, e As System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs) Handles shapefileConverter.ImportCompleted

Try
Dim MyPolyLineSeries As New GeographicPolylineSeries

Dim converter = TryCast(sender, ShapefileConverter)
If converter Is Nothing Then
Return
End If

' Set the series data source
MyPolyLineSeries.DataSource = converter

' Setup the series properties
MyPolyLineSeries.Outline = New SolidColorBrush(Color.Blue)
MyPolyLineSeries.ShapeMemberPath = "Points"

If Me.UltraGeographicMap1.Series?.Count > 0 Then Me.UltraGeographicMap1.Series.Remove(Me.UltraGeographicMap1.Series.Item(0))

Me.UltraGeographicMap1.Series.Add(MyPolyLineSeries)

converter = Nothing

Catch ex As Exception
Debug.Print("Error")
End Try