Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraSpellChecker is very slow, can I disable it without code?
posted

Here's the situation. The UltraSpellChecker is working great for me EXCEPT when there is a huge note with a lot of mis-spellings. My client reports that it is slowing their new Win 10 machines down to a crawl, when they enter the note screen, and makes typing almost impossible. It is slow for me on my machine, but not quite as bad as theirs. 

It's actually the nature of the text data - a lot of codes, FEIN numbers, ID's, names, etc., that show up as mis-spelled even though they are correct. This particular note I am looking at is about 100 lines, with an average of 3 or 4 "bad" words per line.

Now here's the problem. I know how to fix this in future releases - I can make the program spell check on demand only. But my client is a huge corporation, and it takes an act of God to get out new releases (and God is slow, so that means no more than one program update per year).

After that set up, finally to my question:

Is there any way I can disable spell check for them on their current version of the program (i.e., without changing code)? I was hoping there would be an INI file setting, or a file I could add or delete that would prevent any spellcheck activity. 

My program is VB.NET, with a RichTextBox, which has a property of SpellCheckerSettings on UltraSpellChecker.Enabled=True.

Thanks!