Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ultraToolbarManager bug (?) with displaymode property
posted

Hi Staff,

i'm creating a pretty menu with ultraToolbarManager.

I set a tab's mousehover color with the following property: ultraToolbarManager.Ribbon.TabSettings.HotTrackTabItemAppareance.BackColor

this works correctly untill i change the property: ultraToolbarManager.Ribbon.DisplayMode = TabsOnly

If i click on a tabs like "Qualifica Fornitore" (look at image below) - now - if the mouse cursor appears over another tab, for example "personale", nothing happens.

If i change ultraToolbarManager.Ribbon.DisplayMode = TabsOnly into Default value this works. Why?

Another question if i can.

I wish the last tab was a button.
if I click on "lavagna" this would trigger code (I did it with the AfterRibbonTabSelected event), but I want to the blue section below not to open.
It's possible?

Thanks!!

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello,

Thank you for the provided image.

I have been looking into your requirements and created a small sample in order to demonstrate how such behavior could be achieved.

Every time when you click on a tab the AfterRibbonTabSelected is fired. My suggestion is there to set the Ribbon's DispalyMode to Full in order to apply the defined appearance. When the Ribbon display mode is set to TabsOnly it indicates that the Ribbon is in minimized/unpinned state. When the DisplayMode is Full it means that the Ribbon is in normal/pinned stated.

Regarding your second requirement:

The last tab could act as a button if you set the DisplayMode back to TabsOnly in the same event (AfterRibbonTabSelected) and set the Ribbon SelectedTab to null.

private void ultraToolbarsManager1_AfterRibbonTabSelected(object sender, Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.RibbonTabEventArgs e)
            {
              if(e.Tab == null)
                {
                    return;
                }            

if(e.Tab.Caption != "Lavagna")
                {
                    this.ultraToolbarsManager1.Ribbon.DisplayMode = RibbonDisplayMode.Full;           

}
                else{
                    this.ultraToolbarsManager1.Ribbon.DisplayMode = RibbonDisplayMode.TabsOnly;
                    this.ultraToolbarsManager1.Ribbon.SelectedTab = null;
                    MessageBox.Show(e.Tab.Caption + " has been clicked!");
                }               

}

Attached you will find my sample for your reference. Please test it on your side and let me know how it behaves. If this is not an accurate demonstration of what you are trying to achieve please feel free to modify it and send it back to me along with steps to reproduce. Alternatively, if the behavior cannot be replicated please feel free to provide your own sample. Remove any external dependencies and code that is not directly related to the issue, zip your application and attach it in this case.

Having a working sample on my side, which I can debug, is going to be very helpful in finding the root cause of this behavior.

Additionally, please keep in mind that according to our policy, in order to achieve better consistency and history tracking, we handle one issue per case.

Thank you for your cooperation.  

Sincerely,

Teodosia Hristodorova

Associate Software Developer

8132.UltraToolbarsManager_DisplayMode_ButtonTab.zip

Reply Children
No Data