Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Hide deleted values in UltraComboEditor inside UltraGrid in Edit mode
posted

I have following data in a lookup table.

ID Category Deleted
1 Electronics False
2 Personal Care True
3 Smartphones False

I have an editable UltraGrid that allows users to select a category for each row, using a column having UltraComboEditor to display categories.

Users can only select categories that are not deleted i.e. Electronics and Smartphones. However, if the row already has a record that references deleted category (Personal care, Id=2), it should be added to the list of items in the UltraComboEditor

For all new rows, it UltraComboEditor should only contain non-deleted categories.

My Category column is similar to EmployeeID column in the following snapshot:

How can I accomplish that?

Thanks

- Talha Anwer

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello,

In order to make sure that I understand your requirement correctly I have several questions:

1. For already initialized records in the grid, the UltraComboEditor would have to show all items including the deleted if some of the records contain them, however, the user will not be able to select them?
    2. When a new row is added to the grid at runtime the UltraComboEditor would have to display only values that have Deleted property equal to false?

Answering these questions is going to be highly appreciated. 

Thank you for your cooperation. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Sincerely,

Teodosia Hristodorova

Associate Software Developer

Reply Children