Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Slowdown in Ultragrid after the February 2021 Cumulative update of Windows 10
posted

Hi,

We've had numerous customers report a slowdown in our WinForm client since the February 2021 Windows 10 Cumulative update.  We have been working with Microsoft developer support to find what caused this.  It appears this update introduced a slowdown in the WIndows API GdipMeasureString. One place this gets called is from Graphics.MeasureString.  Microsoft is working on a fix for this but so far the solution they have come up with does not seem to return performance to it's original levels.

One spot we have found where MeasureString gets called is from the UltraGrid.  For instance setting the Active row will trigger a call into the Infragistics.Win.DrawUtility.MeasureString method which in turn calls Graphics MeasureString.

We are currently using the 2012 V2 version of the Infragistics controls and we are wondering if you are aware of this MS API slowness and if there have been any changes done to the controls since 2012 that might have improved this?

We are trying to determine if we should upgrade to the latest version or not.

Thanks

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Todd,

Thank you for posting on our forums.

Should the performance issue come from regression caused by MS, I am certain that this will be resolved on their end, or at least they should provide an alternative in order to compensate for this.

There have been a lot of changes in our components over the years, however I cannot confirm if these changes will affect your scenario in a positive way.

The best advise I can give is to download our latest version as trial to run tests and see if performance will improve. Either way, version 12 is long past its support lifetime, so in case MS provide resolution for this issue, the changes can be only implemented for our latest versions.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know

Sincerely,
    Tihomir Tonev
    Associate Software Developer
    Infragistics

Children