Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
NET6 UltraGrid missing methods LoadFromXML and SaveAsXml
posted

Hi guys,

I'm using WinForms UltraGrid for NET6 (not .Net Framework) and noticed that grid.DisplayLayout.LoadFromXML() and grid.DisplayLayout.SaveAsXml() are missing.

In my application I need load previously saved xml layout (from a .Net Framework version) at runtime.

Please can You provide any workaround?

Bye

Roberto

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Roberto,

I have been investigating into your requirement, and you are correct that the LoadFromXml and SaveAsXml methods are not present on the UltraGrid.DisplayLayout in .NET 6. The reason for this is because Microsoft discontinued the SoapFormatter class in .NET Core, which the methods in question used extensively.

Luckily, we do expose other methods to save and load the layout of the UltraGridLayout via the Save and Load methods. These will save to binary, and so if you have an XML file that needs to be loaded, I would recommend that you first load it in a .NET Framework application and then re-save it using the Save method.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Reply Children
No Data