Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Infragistics Excel export gives an empty file
posted

Hello,

I am using Infragistics version 17 in a WinForms SAAS project. I am using the UltraGridExcelExporter.Export() function (native function) and it is working fine if I am on the server which hosts the application. However, If I am remotely connected to the application and try to export data from the grid to Excel output file, the file is created but always empty. The same operation works fine if I am not connected to the application remotely.

I do not have any error or warning while exporting the file (and there is no call to the database to gather the data that are exported). Is there any restriction for the export function in a SAAS deployment context  or is there a specific configuration to add in the project ?

Thank you very much for any help or suggestion.

Best reagards

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Amine,

My team and I have been investigating into this thread, and as long as the UltraGrid that is calling the Export function for the UltraGridExcelExporter is populated with data, it shouldn’t matter what environment it is in. As such, this behavior is rather strange that the resultant exported file is blank. I have a few questions for you on this matter – it would be helpful if you can provide answers to them:

1. You mentioned that there is no call to gather the data that is exported when in the remote connection. Does this call exist when you are not connected remotely, as this might mean that the grid is empty when you are exporting it?

2. I am curious to know if this issue is related to how you are getting your data in this case. If you keep your application on the server, but bind it to a local data source such as a simple DataTable or otherwise, is this issue still reproducible?

3. Version 17 of Infragistics for Windows Forms is no longer supported, and so I am curious to know if this is reproducible with a more recent version? Would it be possible for you to download a Trial (if you are not already licensed) of version 2022.1 and see if this behavior is reproducible there?

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Children
No Data