Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Problem with a long Appointment in UltraDayView
posted

I have an UltraDayView and to that I added an "Appointment" that represents Christmas Vacation.  The StartTime is 12/24/2008 at 2:00 pm and the EndTime is 12/26/2008 at 5:00 pm.  This "Appointment" that represents Christmas Vacation spans 2 1/2 days.

When I view this Appointment on 12/24/2008, it only draws the appointment when I view the beginning of it (at 2:00 pm).  If I scroll the dayview so I can't see 2:00 pm, the appointment disappears from the UltraDayView.

When I view this Appointment on 12/25/2008, it draws the appointment beginning at 2:00 pm but draws the end all the way up to Midnight, regardless of scroll position in the UltraDayView.  This is inconsistent, I would expect the beginning to be at 12:00 am instead of 2:00 pm, since the appointment actually began on the previous day.

When I view this Appointment on 12/26/2008, it is the same behavior as 12/25/2008.  This is incorrect because it does not use the correct EndTime which is supposed to be 5:00.  It draws it beginning at 2:00 pm again, and goes all day and all night all the way to Midnight.

Can someone please comment how to correctly represent this Vacation on the UltraDayView?  Is it necessary to create an appointment for each day that the Vacation spans?  That would create a maintenance problem if someone wanted to come back and edit the Vacation, I would then have 3 records to try to update instead of the one.

Thanks in advance for your help.  My Infragistics version is 7.1 and I use C#.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

I was not able to reproduce the behavior you describe here with a simple test, and I have to assume it is a bug that has since been fixed. An appointment whose duration is greater than 24 hours is supposed to be displayed in the AllDayEvent area, which is what I am seeing in the latest version. You really should upgrade if possible since 7.1 has been retired and if this is a bug it will not be addressed in that version.

Children
No Data