Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
VS2008 keeps adding 8.1 reference
posted

I recently upgradded from NetAdvantage 8.1 to 8.3.  I upgraded my VB.NET 3.5 project in VS2008 to use 8.3 and everything works fine.  However, if I add an Ultra control from the toolbox onto my form, VS2008 adds an 8.1 reference, which ends up resulting in an ambiguous reference since both 8.1 and 8.3 references are present.  I have to manually delete the 8.1 references over and over again.

Thoughts?

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

Your toolbox probably still has the 8.1 version of your controls in the Visual Studio toolbox.

If you haven't already done so, I suggest you run the Toolbox Utility from the menu entry for 8.3, to make sure that the 8.3 controls are in your toolbox.  After that, you need to remember to add only 8.3 controls to the form where you already have 8.3 referenced, since you'll have separate toolbox tabs for 8.1 and 8.3.  (Grabbing the wrong version of a control is a mistake I've personally made many times.)

If you're no longer using the 8.1 controls, you might also want to remove the tab from the toolbox, so that you won't grab one of those controls by accident.

Children