Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Refreshing Description Text of an UltraGroupByRow in a Bound UltraWinGrid
posted

Hi to all.  I have spent an hour of so reviewing many of the UltraWinGrid posts and am unable to work out how to achieve my desired result and I would appreciate any help in doing so.

I have an UltraWinGrid control which is bound to an UltraDataSource which is sorted at run time so that my data is grouped as per the following diagram.  As you can see a Job contains one or more Phases to which one or more Resources are assigned.  I am working on functionality so that the user can select the Phase and then edit its properties which may, in turn, require that the text contained within the Phases' UltraGroupByRow be updated to reflect this change.

The problem I am having is that even though I change the appropriate item/cell in each of the UltraDataRows belonging to that Phase and call the Refresh(RefreshRow.ReloadData) method on the Phases' UltraGroupByRow the Description text is not updated.  I have also tried changing the UltraGroupByRow.Description property directly and calling the Refresh method of the entire UltraWinGrid.

Any ideas?

posted

I would think that setting the Description directly on the UltraGroupByRow should work; if it doesn't, this sounds like a bug and should be reported to Developer Support.  Does it help if you call Refresh(RefreshRow.FireInitializeRow)?

-Matt