Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Ultradockmanager - expand "main" form over unpinned dock
posted

I am building a mdi winforms application.  One child mdi form is a data entry form.  The toolbar has a "search" text box and button that is used to query a database.

I would like to use an ultradockmanager w/ WinExplorerBar to create a docked area on the left hand side of the screen that displays a list of search results.  When the user enters search query, I would like the WinExplorerBar to appear and the MdiChild data entry screen to "shift" to the right.  If the user clicks on one of the items in the WinExplorerBar, the data will load into the data entry portion of the form, the WinExplorerBar should automatically autohide and the main data entry form should re-expand, to the left, and occupy the full screen.  If the user wishes to see the search results again, he/she can click on the docked "search" tab. 

I do not want the users to be able to close the search results dock - just autohide.  Similarly, I want the data entry portion of the form to remain maximized with no option to dock, minimize or close.

I am new the infragistic tools, and am stuck.  I can not seem to get the docked WinExplorerBar to shift the data entry portion of the screen to the right.  Instead, the WinExplorer bar covers the data entry portion of the screen.  How do I set up the data entry portion of the page so it does not dock and always remains maximized?

Can someone help me get started?

posted

When you flyout a pane, it is correct behavior that it overlays part of the main form. If you would like to have the rest of the contents of the main form shift over, you will have to pin the pane. You can do this by either clicking the pin button of the pane or by programmatically setting Pinned to True on the pane. You can do this when the search box gets focus. Then when the searched item is clicked, you can set Pinned back to False on the pane and call FlyIn() on the UltraDockManager to hide all unpinned panes.