Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Ultrabutton problem
posted

Hi,

My client is currently using “NetAvantage 2004 Volume 3” for an application, on visual Studio 2003. We decided to use .NET Memory profiler in order to discover memory leaks on this application. We solved some problems but I have a memory leak with “SubObjectPropChangeEventHandler” and “LinkedAppearance”.

The application uses a main form with MDI. On the form we change the appearance of an “ultrabutton” frequently. Thanks to internal investigations we discovered that if the ultrabutton.Appearance is set more than 1 time, there is a memory leak on “SubObjectPropChangeEventHandler” and “LinkedAppearance”.

Can you help me to fix that problem?

Here the root path

SubObjectBase.get_SubObjectPropChangeHandler()

LinkedAppearance.Initialize(Appearance)

AppearanceHolder.get_Appearance()

ControlBase.get_Appearance ()

IHM.Rafraichir(ArrayList)

Here is the sequence of the tracking of a memory leak:

SEQUENCE

SNAPSHOT

SEQUENCE

SNAPSHOT

Best regards,

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

That version of NetAdvantage is almost 5 years old. So if there is a memory leak in it, the best you could do is to update to the latest service release for that version and see if it was fixed. If not, you would need to update to the latest version of NetAdvantage.

Children
No Data