Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Typing Enter key in UltraFormattedTextEditor takes 4 characters for the first time.
posted

Hi,

I observed that typing "Enter" key in UltraFormattedTextEditor is taking 4 characters for the first time. It is supposed to take 2 characters (\r and \n). It seems for the first time 2 additional characters are added next to the cursor. These will never be found unless you press a "delete" key.

I notice that this behavior is also observed when we paste a paragraph of text into the ultraFormattedTextEditor, that the cursor will be starting from the next line rather than the end of the pasted content.

Is there any way to ger avoid this behavior, so that the UltraFormattedTextEditor behaves similar to that of a normal windows forms RichTextBox?

TIA.

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

I know that the FormattedTextEditor sometimes has to add in extra return codes in order to behave properly. But I'm not really sure I understand what you are describing here. If the control is behaving in a way that is not intuitive, then it sounds like something is wrong.

What version of the control are you using?

Can you explain in more detail exactly how I can see the behavior you are describing?

Children
No Data